Steeple

Steeple

From the middle of the 15th century till the end of the 18th century the obligation to build the different parts of the church was split: choir and nave had to be erected and maintained by the Domstift (collegiate church) in Worms whereas the municipality of Eppelsheim was responsible for the steeple.
In a contract between the town council and the Protestant (parochial) church council in 1903 the church steeple was transferred to the parish. The obligation to erect a new building has since been with the parish while the maintenance of the steeple has remained with the municipality as it has been since the Middle Ages. The bells and the clock inside the steeple are property of the municipality.